Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Islan' Stylin'


And to the end of the Hawaiian Island getaway…it was exactly what the doctor ordered. A trip medium rare with a side of R/R just the way I like it. Halloween wasn’t the wild, crazy exotic college excursion. It was peaceful, calming, serene and clear. As good as it gets with what really matters.

JB, CB, PB and MJ tramped around Lahaina Town in the 

evening, took cocktails and pupus at KIMO’s and watched the parade of gools, goblins and ferries scamper around Front Street for the night of the Great Pumpkin.

We returned back to the hotel for some wine and Pacifico’s and an evening on the veranda set to the beats of Bob. It’s tough to go wrong listening to Robert Nesta overlooking a silver lined ocean dressed with a sliver of moon bedded atop a layer of puffy white clouds. The light gave way to endless stars and a faint silhouette of the Milky Way streaming across the sky.

It wasn’t a trip for wild and crazy nights. I can get that in my living room 3 days a week. It was a trip to get away. A trip to understand… A trip to breathe again outside the lines of jobs, traffic, lines, trash and bustle… And to surround myself with family, friends, and the peace of the islands. Of course I drank Mai Tai’s and Pina Coladas all day and of course I got boozed at dinner, but with a little less…MTV.

I leave it here as words tend to turn to work and I am not ready for that. Until the next episode where we’ll kick it at home and see what ideas mingle in the midst of my mind.

Front Street in Lahaina Town Hallween

Not so Playboy Bunny

MJ on beach in front of Momma's Fish House

Mom and Dad at Momma's

Mahi Mahi stuffed with lobster and Opah

Black Pearl Dessert at Momma's

Saleboat from the balcony

The closing clouds

No comments: