Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ohhhhhh MARIO!!!!

One of my favorite things over the last year is when either Max or CB call me up and say, "Hey, you wanna roll bocce tonight?"
The answer is always, no matter, "Absolutely."

So here we go. New season. Same players. Johnny and Scotty are great guys to play with and when they saw me it was big smiles. We were still one guy short as to the reason why I got to play: CB and Dueno were no shows...so we're still one short. I gave JD a shout and asked how long it would be before he could be at campo and finish out the squad. "5 minutes."

JD showed up (see pic for a JD highlight) and we proceeded to run a clinic on bocce. But that's not to say the other team wasn't.

It was a battle ro-YAL. Winning fourth rolls, big knock outs, and high fives being thrown everywhere. We had a great cheering section consisting of a guy trying to look the ultimate, "I'm young, I am a salesman, and look at the rack on the broad next to me."

She had big ones in a baby small shirt. Serious point of focus during rolling since she sat at midcourt with her chardonay all night.

JD picked up a few balls. Johnny and I were hot like a kettle, and Scottie rolled 'em when he needed to.

The waitress, god bless her, was always there when needed and she was so sassy cute, I couldn't help but grab another Sierra just to have a conversation with her. I'da taken a picture but that would have been weird on my part.

And to the End. Came home to the locals having a little good time with some wine on the side. So another 4-man dance party ensued and Eric, Mel, Curtis and I made sure the front porch got it's love. The stars were out the laughs were loud and the music was crankin'. Big shout to my neighbors. Soooooo sorry guys.

No comments: