Monday, April 13, 2009

Ah, Costco Is Not Saving Me $$$

So Costco is great. It carries the rule of 5 - this unavoidable law of multiplication states that if you are there to buy one item, you will inevitably buy 5. And this works for all numbers and costing arms and legs leaving you stuck on the couch and imobile until the next paycheck arrives in your bank account.

But this is not to say great buys come from Costco. If you didn't know, Melissa moved in and along with the lil' lady came a few big changes, but I'll keep it to a couple small changes courtesy of Costco.

Let's start with 'the wall mount'. This is not a bedroom tactic, but a device to mount the flat screen to the wall. And what a difference a mount makes. I can lay my head back comfortably in bed and still watch tv instead of having to sit up and watch. The downside is, I'm so comfortable in my nest, that I really don't even get to watch the tv, I just pass out to it. So really, it's just a mounted sleeping pill.

The second device is the Cuisenart wand. This magic wand will blend, mix, chop, dice, puree, stir, thicken, mince, smooth anything you put it to. I've always wanted one and so I made it one of my 5 purchases on this run to Costco. I used it the other night to throw this meal together... and I'll leave you with the makings.


App: Sourdough chips toasted with Parmesan cheese is the 'spoon' for dipping into a tropical salso of Alaskan King Crab, Mango, Pineapple, Red Onions, Cilantro, Lemon, Lime, Red Bell Peppers and varietal hot peppers... very fresh, very good.

App#2: This is kind of a signature salad, a side step from the tomato laced salads of the 90's. It's spring greens mix, red onion, homemade croutons, buffulo blue cheese crumble, thin sliced fuji apples and minced macadamian nuts all covered with a Raspberry Vinagerette.

Main: The main was simple. A filet of Chilean Seabass pan-seared very hot with a little salt and cracked peppter. Then moved to a white wine butter sauce with a spattering of sweet basil and other herbs to bring out some flavors stuck in the white fish.

I hadn't made a good one at home in a while so I felt like pulling a few new tricks, the Cuisenart magic wand deal definitely made old tricks appear new.

This meal is easy. 30 minutes from flame to fork.

Stick around, got big things happening at the Car Wash and you'll want to know about 'em. Feel free to add me on twitter and add the Car Wash to keep up with discounts specifically for our Twitter followers.

twitter.com/CapitolPremier


twitter.com/JohnBrassfield

No comments: